STYLE LIVES HERE.

STYLE LIVES HERE.
BETTER FASHION ZCREAMS! JOIN US TO OUR NEW HOME!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hermes Damaged in Orchard Road Flood

Yesterday, 16th June 2010, was the
saddest history for Retailers in Singapore.
The rain which started early morning caused flash flood
 in our popular shopping district,
Orchard Road.
I was in Vivo City on that day and received
news that there was a flood in town.
So, the first thought that came to my mind was...
ok maybe just a small water rising.
Until, I saw pictures posted on facebook.
My jaw dropped.
I was in total shock.
Next came the videos.
Orchard Road was like a river.



Hermes boutique at Liat Towers
in a pool of muddy water



Shops and boutiques in the basement
was totally submerge.
There was no causalities reported.
Hermes staff was said to have moved their
merchandises quickly to the second level of the store.
There are rumors that Hermes will having a sale on damaged goods.
I don't think so.
Damaged good will be destroyed and not sold to public.
Correct me if I'm wrong.


Watch the Videos.






Chinese News at 8 show graphic events of Orchard Road.
Sorry if you can't understand, so do I, but the pictures are good.

Hermes, Massimo Dutti, Starbucks & Wendy Restaurant
which was opened 3 days ago was badly damaged.
The horror scene was mannequin floating from Massimo boutique.
I simply can't image the aftermath of it, the cleaning up & repairing.







I wish everyone affected all the best in their restoration process.
Hope you guys will be back in business soon.


Videos from YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment